Leadership (dictionary definition): the position or function of a leader, a person who guides / directs / commands a group, organization, or country.
Innovating the landscape of leadership: the art of taking us where we've never been before by empowering leaderful contribution for innovative outcomes.
Traditional, hierarchical leadership is so passé now. In its place, we're seeing emerging leaders who are ...
- innovators at the core of everything they do;
- inspiring, visionary, genius even;
- leaderful, generative, and able to respond brilliantly in a connected world;
- real, authentic, and care about people and the planet.
These new leaders love what they do, empowering others to do the same. They create 'winnovative' cultures where everyone contributes and thrives, and society and the world wins too. They engage their people to participate in the creation of those contributions, knowing that the best solutions don't come from the brain of one person sitting at the top of the heap, but emerge brilliantly from the genius creation of inspired collectives.
Want to innovate the landscape of leadership today?
1. BE VISIONARY! Be real, be true, be passionate. Let your voice soar with the excitement of visionary creation.
2. INNOVATE! Think WAY outside the box, so far outside the box that you're revolutionising the whole world of leadership and business with your radical, life-altering innovations. Nothing wonderful seems to get created in the space of ordinary!
3. LOVE WHAT YOU DO! And if you can't love it, then move somewhere that will allow that excitement to rise up in you every day for what you can contribute.
4. BELIEVE IN THE GOODNESS AND GREATNESS OF PEOPLE, even when evidence tells you otherwise. This is not naive -- it's the power of transformation at work in you. What you see in others will show up. What you give energy to increases. To have brilliant, inspired, genius teams working with you, believe in the wonders that each and every one of those people has to bring to your game.
5. AND FINALLY, MAKE YOUR LIFE COUNT FOR SOMETHING. Be a model for how leadership can be now. Don't waste another second on dull, mundane living. Let your visionary self soar. Let genius enter your game and take you over with the limitless possibilities it holds for you.